Sunday, November 18, 2012

I've Been Cheating .....

... on my knitting, that is.  I have started quilting.  I am taking a beginner's quilting class, and I love it!  I knew absolutely nothing about quilting, the how-to's.  All I knew is that I love fabric, and I wanted to create something with it.  It is alot like knitting, with the endless possibilities of patterns and yarn combinations.  The class started in September, and ran about every other week until everyone finished. I am finishing the handstitching on the binding of my quilt today, and I couldn't be more excited about it.  There are tons of mistakes in it, but I do not care.  I cannot say how much I enjoyed making it.  To think of how far I have come in a couple of months is mind-boggling to me.  I went from not knowing how to turn my new sewing machine on to zipping along at a decent rate, but not fast by any means.

Pattern:  Mine Shaft
Size:  ~ 42"x42"
Started:  September, 2012
Finished:  November 18, 2012  (TODAY!! YAY!!)
For:  ME.  I can't give my first quilt away.

So here are a few pics...
Finished!!
the back

handsewing the binding - I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would
all pieced together
I can't believe MOST of my corners met
laying it out
look how pretty it looks altogether
my fabrics match my new room
next up...guess who's getting this for Christmas
Oh, and don't worry, I'm still knitting........

No comments:

Post a Comment